As an elemental player in the aerospace industry you know you can’t skimp on quality and safety standards. But how well do you understand the certifications your supplier has to acquire to distribute the parts for the equipment you manufacture? For any aerospace supplier you want to absolutely make sure they are up-to- date with AS9100 quality and safety standards. To break it down for you, AeroMed Group answers the question, “What is AS9100 certification?”, and explains the importance of partnering with companies who meet these stringent requirements.
AS9100 Certification Ensures Your Mission and Products Are Ready for Action
For an aerospace supplier to obtain a listing through the Online Aerospace Supplier Information System (OASIS), a company must comply with the most recent AS9100 requirements and stay current with any revisions. The certification focuses on improving a supplier’s quality management system, emphasizing regulatory compliance and product traceability. AS9100-certified suppliers meet each customer’s specifications and deliver products designed for inimitable performance. As a client of aerospace suppliers, an AS9100 certification serves your company in a variety of ways. Five chief advantages include:
1. Improved Customer Satisfaction
– AS9100 is not only the international standard for aerospace quality management, but is also the standardized expectation for government contracting. Companies are required to place even greater focus on a customer’s needs, helping us deliver top satisfaction with every transaction.
2. Improved Decision Making
– When a supplier is AS9100-certified, they are more careful about making solid decisions based on evidence and data to back up inventory between audits. When we spend more time understanding the details behind each decision, we are made more accountable or system’s effectiveness, thus creating a ripple effect of enhanced quality.
3. Employees Who Care
– Involve Team members to ensure AS9100 compliance. By engaging our employees with quality and safety standards, we as a company stand for and facilitate the rigorous requirements you expect.
4. Strong Supplier-Client Relationships
– A supplier’s relationship with its clients should be the top priority of any company. Due to our dedication to upholding our standards across our network of companies, we work closely with our clients to evaluate feedback and provide customer support, improving lead times, deliveries, and increased speed to market.
5. Dedicated to Improvement
– The AS9100 certification drives suppliers to constantly improve the quality management system over time, known as continual improvement. This continual improvement affects all aspects of the company and the supplier-client relationship. It keeps products, safety standards, quality control, and the overall atmosphere in a constant trend of upward development. With a focus on aerospace and defense supply chain, with companies certified to AS9100, we’d like to see all our clients and clients of other suppliers fully aware of what an AS9100 certification implies. These quality and safety standards are essential and define the difference between a company you can maintain a relationship with and one to pass by. For more questions about AS9100 certification, contact us at AeroMed Group today.